Monday, October 08, 2007

Surrogate Addiction

Other day I was sitting with my friend at Mocha. Air in the room was already filled with smoke. My friend ordered Hookah. She offered me as well but I didn’t feel the need as I was already doing great deal of passive smoking sitting there. She championed the idea of having hookah, as she felt there is no tobacco in that and its just a kind of flavored air which goes in and comes out without causing any damage to you. She nicely put it this way “See it’s like trying death without actually dying”. I remember similar response was given by one of my junior at some party while sipping Bacardi Breezer.

As a matter of fact, there is no tobacco in flavored hookah but it is consumed in same way cigarette or cigar is done. Also, how-so-ever little it may be but there is some content of alcohol in Breezer as well. As per one of the study, people who keep guns for their personal protection are likely to use them for murdering others or suicidal purposes. Isn’t it like people who don’t know how to inhale flavored smoke or never knew a little bit taste of alcohol less likely to consume it in great quantity when they will feel low or in abnormal conditions?

It is just like they are preparing themselves for all such addictions when they consciously don’t want to be addicted by anything of that sort. Think twice next time.

Endnote: Price of anything is the amount of life we exchange for it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accha laga ye wala blog..Happy writing!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Shankster said...

Killin' me softly !

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home