Friday, December 21, 2007

Whose Marketing is it anyway?

Other day I went to Juhu Beach in Mumbai. First thing that comes in most of minds is Juhu Chowpatty. Juhu beach is flooded with countless numbers of Bhel Puri, Chaat, Ice Gola, Pav Bhaji stalls. I never tried eating anything over there because whenever I go near any stall all food items screams at me, “Hey, I am Typhoid, who are you”, “I am Cholera, you are looking healthy” & noises like that.

But to my shock and delight during this visit I saw a Message Board displaying “Mineral Water Pani-Puri”. Also the person who was doing the servings was wearing transparent hand gloves (also he was using spoons for all food serving activities).

Another Ice-Gola shop had written “Mineral Water Ice Gola”. The shopkeeper informed me that he uses only natural color and high quality sweetener for Golas.

I am happy to see that without reading Kotler or attending any MBA programme they know what their customer wants. What is eating their market share? What are gaps in the market? Now Fast Food is not just baby of Food Courts of Large Malls only. Bhel wala Bhaiya is gearing up too.

Lets watch, what is waiting in queue “Diet Bhel, Low Cal Pav Bhaji or Sugar Free Kulfi”. Keep looking around. The day is not very far.

Endnote: A Cynic is a person who in land of sugar and honey worries about calories

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice blog bhai,
Its really good that they r using mineral water, so now we don’t have to think before eating @ Juhu Chowpatty :)

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lalli are you working for Bisleri. It looks like advertising blog to me. Why don't you advice "Saabzi Wala Bhaiya" to wash his vegetables with mineral water :)

But I liked your post. Let me say again, you are wasting yourself in IT.

Rishabh..

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home